Monday, January 21, 2008

2 years ago today...

I was sitting in my hair dressers chair getting my hair put up for our WEDDING! I remember the whole day like it was yesterday.. I can't believe it was already 2 years ago! I was sitting in the chair in front of a dozen long stem red roses my love had dropped off the day before so I would have a little something special while I was getting ready with all my girlfriends.. sweetheart, I know ;)

When I think back to our wedding and wedding planning it makes my head spin a bit! (if you do the math, yes i know, i was 6 months pregnant when we got married!) we decided we wanted to get married before Jackson was born and that was very important to us... but had a very small window to do that! In 3 months we planned a 180 person wedding - while finishing my Masters in Elementary Ed, teaching 1st grade, being pregnant and while Rick was out on tour.. it was chaos and if you told me i had to do it again, im not sure i could do it the same way! haha.. it worked out like a dream and went off without a hitch.. it was the greatest day of our lives (before our son of course!) and everything was just as we wanted it! we even had 60 degree weather here in Boston in january on our wedding day! The next day was filled with 8 inches of snow! Gotta love New England!

*note- i was 6 months pregnant and that was the only dress i tried on! I knew i had to have a little wiggle room for the little man growing in there - this dress allowed for some room to grow as you can see it comes together at the empire waist! cute huh! ;) -- and yes, that is all my real hair - how Jacki got it up I have no idea, but i swear it was all mine!

Rick - thank you for choosing me to share your life with... I'm so grateful you are my forever - You are more then I could have ever prayed for and I can't wait to see what's waiting for us in the future...

I love you with all my heart and soul..
Keri


And of course a few pictures for fun...
A quick stop at the beach for a few shots!


escaping on the stairway for a few minutes alone!


cutting the cake -- janet made such a beautiful cake -we loved it! carrot cake no less! YUM!!


no chance i was going to miss that piece of carrot cake!! and a chocolate covered strawberry... yuuuummy!

1 comment:

Zoom-Bug Photography said...

haha that's so cute! I remember calling you to come pick us up on route 1, because we didn't have a car when we got to the airport. lol, what a mess :) Your day was gorgeous...cold for a sorry Floridian like me, but gorgeous nonetheless. Thank you again for having me as a bridesmaid...I'm glad I could stand beside my girlie! Love you xoxo

~Courtney