Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Beautiful...

is all about being a mom.

I dreamed about it since I was 5. I always wanted to be a mommy. That's even what I told people when they would ask what I wanted to be when I grew up. I believe being a mommy is the greatest job in the world.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for blessing me with the gift of being someone's mommy. Not just anyone's mommy, but Jackson's mommy. From the moment I knew I was pregnant I knew I had been chosen for this special little life and it began to shift my thinking... Little did I know just how much my thinking would change...

I no longer wanted to know what was the latest gossip - I wanted to know what was the latest safety tip!
I no longer wanted to buy the prettiest outfit that made me feel good - I felt pretty in jeans and a t-shirt with baby puke down my shoulder!
I no longer longed for the weekend when I could sleep in until whenever I wanted - I longed for the morning when I could run into the crib and pick up that little munchkin to smooch good morning - excited for a new day!
I no longer wanted to go out to dinner for a few hours at a time - losing all track of time - I wanted to race home after a yummy meal to see if I could kiss him goodnight just one more time!
I no longer wanted to live for myself - I realized I would give my life for this child - for my child - for my heart and soul that is living outside of my body...

I love the way his face lights up when I walk into the room and he races across the room yelling 'mommy' like he hasn't seen me in years when in reality I probably just went into his bedroom to get something!
I love that no matter how sad he gets if he trips and falls and kiss on the boo-boo can make it all better and all those tears go away.
I love that even in the middle of the night when im double tired and he wakes up with a bad dream that a snuggle and a little hug can make it alright.
I love that even after telling him not to do do something, he will repeat it right back to me (half the time has he still does it!)
I love that every morning he calls 'mommy' and when I turn on his light in the morning he greets me with an ear to ear grin!
I love that after a stressful hour of *trying* to grocery shop he greets the cashier with a coy smile and says 'hi' as if he knows to turn the charm on after being a nudge the whole time!
I love that he can be a tour guide in the car, pointing out everything we pass until we get to where we're going.
I love that I can watch my mom with her first grandchild.
I love that I know what it means when someone tells me I have such a gift.
I love that I understand things my mom taught me on a new level... on a mother level.
I love that I have been given the gift to be the mommy to such an amazing, unbelievable, unique, joyful, beautiful boy..

I am so blessed to be given the chance to be a mommy to another blessing in just a few short months!

Thank you for picking me - I love you Jackson. You have made all my dreams come true.

Happy Mother's Day to all my favorite mommies... Hugs and Blessings to all of you...

xoxo
K

3 comments:

Frances said...

aww, that is so sweet. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! :)

Courtney said...

ugh, girl...why do you and I let movies affect us like that? haha I am sick over it! I knew you'd understand...now I'm gonna feel like a complete debbie downer for a week or two hahaha.

On another note, I think you're having a girl!!

Anna Yu said...

Happy belated Mother's Day, Keri!
Awesome post, i am so emotional right now :) That is what motherhood is all about, these precious litlle things that cannot be comparable to anything else in life. You are such a perfect example of a great-great mother...