Sunday, September 30, 2007

Pay it Forward

Alright guys.. it's been one of those days where I can't get out of my own way! No real reason, just can't get my act together!

I was lucky enough to catch up with one of my favorite college friends tonight online. You know what I think rocks!!?!? Well, first let me say a few things - I love to meet new people and I love to make new friends. I truly believe there is a purpose for all of us and there is a reason we've crossed paths at certain points in our lives. You know what I love the most about some of the most amazing friendships I've ever had? They just seem to pick up where they left off. There have been so many amazing people and friendships in my life that I am FOREVER grateful for. Not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for all of them. It does make me sad to realize that some of them have slipped away - some of them have changed by default - but some of them can adapt to that change as if no time has passed at all. I think the type of friendship that you don't have to see each other everyday to maintain your friendship is a very special one. I hate that life gets in the way sometimes and catching up seems to be harder and harder to do with everyone so busy -- but I love when there comes a time when things workout and you DO get to catch up - and it's as if nothing ever changed. I'm grateful for those moments - and I love all of you from every journey of my life! The best part was - she even told me how much she checks in on my blog! So yes, Butterfly, I know you're reading this! Thanks for catchin up and letting me ramble on for a while! I can't wait to see you guys next weekend - it's going to be rockin'!

Got anyone you want to catch up with? Go do it - you'll be so glad you did! :)

Anyways - back to the day -- I swear I am A.D.D. today - I can't stay on task!!!!!....

I had to return to the apple store AGAIN to get this silly DVD drive working again - they said it should be all set, we'll see though! The Genius bar wait time is never right - which is fine because people need their problems addressed, but I was pumped to have the second slot of the day - at least I wouldn't be THAT far behind. So I spent a good 20 minutes playing with the iphone. That thing is so cool - I love it! As much as I would love to have it - there are plenty other things I could spend $400 on like, a camera bag, lens, business paperwork, not to mention I don't have at&t :) But it is a pretty cool thing don't ya think! (see!! A.D.D. I tell you!!) Carry on.......... Today was the 4th time I had been there in 5 days... I was annoyed and frustrated. I try to be patient in their because I know they have people there all the time with 100 questions on top of the fact that their customers are already angry because if they are there and that means something is broken. Thank Goodness I got a really nice 'Genius' who helped me and did a great job - I even told his manager about it on the way out!

It got me thinking after we left the store. If someone does something that makes you upset - say when you're out to eat, or in a store, - you get mad and want to talk to a manager right? (well, I don't because I'm what some people call a chicken and never rock the boat!) but I know some of you (and i just might live with one of them!) want to have things taken care of the right way when they don't go as planned. That's all fine and good, and sometimes it is warranted for sure - but how often do you stop and tell someone they are doing a good job!? How often do you stop the manager of a store to tell them their employee was very helpful and really made your day? Yes, I know, its their job, but we all have jobs - and doesn't it feel nice when someone goes out of their way to recognize that you are doing a good job at what you're there to do? I think so. I know it makes me feel good when people tell me they like my work, or they are happy with something I've done for them.

So I challenge you - then next time you have a GOOD experience somewhere, be grateful that you had some good energy around you and pass along that happiness. Tell someone's boss, someone's manager, someone's coworker that you think they did a great job. If it's not incentive enough just because it would be a kind thing to do - remember Karama?

It'll getcha!!!!

Share your stories -Share your happiness - Pay it forward...

Now go watch that movie if you haven't already. random I know.

:)

And leave us some lovin' comments huh!!!! We had 'em all the time on jacksonbear.blog but no such luck on the sweetwhispers?! so sad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you caught me!! hehe
thanks girl =) see you real soon!

Mrs. Bee said...

this entry totally made me smile :)